background

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Procrastination

Because doing something when you first have the chance is over-rated ;)

Seriously though, I have a major physics assignment due tomorrow morning and what do I find myself doing? Writing a blog, of course, because that's definitely going to help me...

In any case, due to lack of ideas on what to blog about (i'm seriously just writing this to put of rectifier circuits for another 10 minutes) I thought i'd share with you all my personal favourite ways to procrastinate! Not that I condone it or anything...

1) SparkNotes - well, most of you know all about SparkNotes, but i thought I'd mention it anyway... what I mean is not the SparkLife section that entraps so many, but the actual educational part. For example, for the last 15 minutes I have been reading the SparkNotes for Pride and Prejudice, not because we're studying it (well, not for another month anyway) but because I wanted to find out what the Sparkitors thought about Darcy.

2) Playlists on YouTube - invariably with each study period i will create a new playlist on youtube or itunes, filled with songs that inspire me to learn... or at the very list, songs that are catchy and always cheer people up. But getting the perfect blend of dance, bubblegum pop and classic disney is a time consuming process, and can lead to days of procrastination.

3) Organise your desk/diary/computer folders  - this way you feel you have achieved something while you've been avoiding work, if only confusion over where your favourite pen now is.


4) Write a Blog - even if it's just rambling on, it still makes you feel like you've written something ;)


Anyways, hope you guys have a more productive time then i'm having...

6 comments:

  1. LOL I procrastinate on Blogger, Sparklife, and a few other websites. I also will, um, read when I should be doing homework. *sigh*

    By the way, I tagged you on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have SUCH a problem with procrastination... I really need to be doing hw right now :)

    btw, you have one parenthesis around (and other words of wisdom and not the other!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I moved around SparkNotes on my Favorites tab. Hopefully that'll cause me to not go on it as much. I WASTE SO MUCH TIME ON THERE!
    IT'S AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. tis awesome :) but i think that's due to the awesome people on there.

    Speaking of, how long till the friday awards??!!??

    ReplyDelete

Why hello! Would you like to leave a message? I'm sure you would. Seriously. WRITE SOMETHING IN THE BOX! *smiles sweetly* Thank you!