background

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

It's Raining, It's Pooring...

Hello ;)

So, for the fourth day running, it's raining here in boredomesville. Which would be all well and good, but i'm supposed to be doing assignments (as you can probably guess, seeing as i'm writing this...) which really just takes away the joy of RAIN(!) a bit.

To celebrate this rain (and further the procrastination) I'm going to write a list of 7 awesome things to do while it's raining. Why 7, you ask? Because 7 is the best number, of course! Seriously, I was aiming for 10 and got called to dinner. But hey, 7 is actually my favorite number, so there you go...

  1. Read a book in bed with your quilt wrapped around you, a mug of coffee beside you and chocolate in your mouth... ok, so i did actually get to do that for a small amount of time today, and let me tell you it is AWESOME!
  2. Run around in the rain, having a water fight with your best friend. I've done this a few times before, partly because the drain in our backyard always overflows when it rains even vaguely heavily (think anytime it rains, basically) which is SO MUCH FUN to splash around in. And you need your best bud to share it with
  3. Snuggle up in a beanbag and watch a movie. I would suggest one which takes place where it rains alot, or where it snows alot, because a movie in bright sunny California may make you slightly depressed about the movie.
  4. PUDDLES! They're pretty much the best invention in the history of ever, with the possible exception of crunchy leaves on paths... splish, splosh, splash away my friends ;)
  5. Boardgames. I know, they can be boring, but playing a good game of Monopoly with siblings can be lots of fun. Plus, house rules state that if it's raining, play stops when the rain ends... whoever has the most money (through cash and properties value)
  6. Run around to everyone at school and yell "IT'S RAINING!". Yes, it's annoying and yes, it's immature but it's also highly appropriate (it IS raining, after all) and lots of fun. Best performed with another slightly-maturity-challenged individual.
  7. UGG BOOTS! because it's raining, it's cold (well, not really, but work with me here). Because it's cold, you get to wear cold weather gear. Because you get to wear cold weather gear, you get to wear Ugg Boots :) which are just the best footwear on the planet. As an added bonus, I've got heals added to mine (because of various foot issues) so i'm also 2 inches taller with them on then barefoot.
Next time it's raining, try and complete at least one of these things... it'll make those blues blow away :)

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, Bec I love your background! Great list. I don't need it though, because I can finallysee the light at the end of the tunnel! Winter's almost over, its slowly getting warmer, the snow's almost gone... I even went outside during my books class today to read! YAAAAYYYY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks :) i like the background too, Aly put me onto them (have you seen her blog? she's funny...)

    And over here, summer=rain... on the plus side, it'll be sunny at both of our houses at the same time...

    ReplyDelete

Why hello! Would you like to leave a message? I'm sure you would. Seriously. WRITE SOMETHING IN THE BOX! *smiles sweetly* Thank you!