background

Thursday, April 22, 2010

A Little Too Late

It has come to my attention that it's been NINE DAYS since I've blogged. And I appologise. Profusely. So please forgive me.

In the mean time, I thought i'd go back to my early blogging roots and write a "how to" on a completely unrealistic, but hopefully amusing topic.

Just a clause: this is being typed on an iPod touch, spelling mistakes are likely to occur. It's still learning my typos. However, I must say i'm impressed by it's learning... Predictive now gives me ohmygoshness when I type in ohm.

How To: Stay Dry In The Rain


it's the end of period 3, you're in a classroom the otherside of the oval and t starts to poor. You're trapped: you have to attend your next class, but you can't get wet - your make up would run, your straight hair would curl, and most importantly your pathetically designed school uniform consisting of a white blouse will go see through. How does one reach the other side?? Watch and learn.

1) Grab a large poster, preferably laminated.
Why laminated, you ask? Laminate, my dear friends, is plastic. Plastic repels water. My friend seriously did this today. Sure it may not stop issues with your make up, hair, or getting water in your shoes but it can stop water from touching your blouse. You may look odd with a wet back and dry front, but at least you won't look like a slut.

2) Jumpers make great hats.
While laminate is great for protecting the hideousnes that is your uniform, unfortunately there's not that many posters to go around, requiring a differet solution to protect your delicate hair. Jumpers, hoodies, blazers and jackets are all great forms of protection which do not require you to hold to keep on your head. While it may be more obviius to simply wear said article of clothing, you need multiple layers of cloth to keep the water at bay. It may not be classy, but your hair will be afterwards.



3) Sprint
Sure, you might slip in a puddle, and Sure, you'll be hot and sweaty (and wet and cold) for your next class... but when all else fails, sprint (making sure to jump in all the puddles along the way)

8 comments:

  1. Haha nice suggestions! :)
    It rained here the other day, I just walked through it because I had nothing to lose, I was already wet from my shower, and wearing black. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, so jealous. Would you guys believe it only rained for 10 minutes? But it was really heavy rain, so everyone thought it'd go on for ages (it'd rained for just longer then the entire lunch break the day before)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it rained today...at least we didnt do anything in PE...we watched UP :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. TWIN! And yet everyone glares at me for not posting!!

    Also: Where did you get this amazingess background? All the ones I can see are plain...my blog ish only white.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah... twin, i wasn't posting for like 2 weeks. You didn't post for like 2 months.

    I found my background (and the base for my banner) at thecutestblogontheblock.com - the top left corner of my blog has a hyperlink to it.

    ReplyDelete

Why hello! Would you like to leave a message? I'm sure you would. Seriously. WRITE SOMETHING IN THE BOX! *smiles sweetly* Thank you!